Monday, July 28, 2014

Inspired by Project Runway

Hello!  Hope your Monday is going well!  Mine is going... like a Monday... glad it's winding down.  Over the weekend I had a fun idea to play along with this season's Project Runway (which premiered last Thursday incase you missed it!).  It's one of my favorite shows and I'm always so inspired after I watch- I am going to try to make a card based on each episode.
This week, the designers received a chest full of random fabrics and they had to create a look using them.  I thought this was so fun!  I had my husband pick 6 random patterned papers from 6 different 6x6 paper pads.  Here is what he chose for me:


Not too bad! :)  I didn't have to trade like some of the designers did lol!  I used each one of these on my card, going with a quilt inspired look that would make the crazy patterns look like they were supposed to go together:


I added some cute stamps from Lawn Fawn, twine, and a doily to create a focal point.  I embellished with a flower embellishment topped with a sequin to add a little fun.  I colored the banner stamp with Copic markers in colors pulled from the papers as well.


It was fun challenging myself with this and I'm hoping that something from each Project Runway episode can translate to a card.  If they don't, it's OK. :)  I'll still enjoy watching them all!
post signature

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Really cute. Some people I know are really talented.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! He did a great job with the colors and I love what you did with them!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a fun challenge! I love what you came up with! Great work!

Daniela Dobson said...

What a great idea. Love the card and the show. Just watched the first episode on demand.

Jess said...

Love project runway and this personal challenge! Turned out great!

 
site design by designer blogs