Thursday, August 7, 2014

Newton's Know How: Watercolored Flamingos Card


Hello!  I have a Newton's Know-how up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog today.  I thought I'd  share it with you here today too!  It features a fun watercoloring technique and one of my favorite new stamp sets, Flirty Flamingos:


I started with a kraft card base and splattered gray ink all over it.  I added a piece of coral striped patterned paper from the Teresa Collins Designs Something Wonderful 6x6 pad to the card front.  Next, I diecut a piece of watercolor paper into with a journaling card shaped die by Taylored Expressions.  I stamped the flamingo and sentiment with Jet Black Staz On ink.
Now comes the fun part!


I pulled out my favorite blue, coral, and yellow ink pads along with a bit of water in a cup.  I also
pulled out a bunch of q-tips!  Yep, that's what makes the great dotted look! :)
I took turns dotting colors onto my image until it was all filled in.  I let layers dry and then added a little more for depth.  I've made a video to show the technique a little better- enjoy!



I hope you try out this fun technique for yourself!  I love the dotted look and can't wait to try it again soon!
post signature

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

How fun! I love the q tip painting!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is SO FUN! I love the idea of painting with the q-tip! Super cool! And the card is cute too!

 
site design by designer blogs